Past President's Parley
Carol J Edwards
Past Presidents Parley
20616 Maitland Road, Lead, SD 57754
H (605) 578 3435 or C (605) 645 3142
The purpose of the Past Presidents Parley committee is to utilize the experience and knowledge of past Auxiliary leaders for training and encouragement of future Auxiliary leaders. Through the Past Presidents Parley committee, women who have served as unit and department presidents have an opportunity to continue in active service to the Auxiliary, helping ensure strong future leadership for the organization. The Past Presidents Parley also recognizes and honors outstanding unit members through Unit Member of the Year, and, female veterans through the Salute to Servicewomen awards.
As former leaders, past presidents at all levels are encouraged to continue their support to the organization by accepting responsibility to contribute their experience, knowledge and wisdom. As ambassadors for the rganization, there is much information to share in achieving a stronger organization, at each level, by sustaining growth through positive actions.
Promote and submit nominations for the Unit Member of the Year Award.
This award recognizes the contributions made by a valued unit member. Select one member to compete for department recognition.
Unit Member of the Year Award:
• Only senior members in good standing are eligible.
• Current membership dues must be paid.
• The member cannot have obtained an elected or appointed leadership role higher than that of unit president.
• Selection is based on accomplishments, activities, etc., for the current administrative year.
• Years of membership are not a part of the criteria; the nominee may be a new member.
• All entry forms, including a narrative (limited to 1000 words), must be completed and submitted by March 15, 2017 to your District President. District Presidents deadline to the Department Chairman is May 1, 2017. The unit president and secretary must sign the entry form unless the nominee is one of them, in which case a past unit president must sign the entry form.
Salute to Servicewomen Award:
• Nominees should be willing to attend the 2017 national convention in Reno, NV, if possible.
• All entry forms, including a narrative/YouTube video, must be completed and submitted by the deadline. A YouTube video can take the place of a written narrative.
• Please see awards form for details.
• Entry must have the nominee’s name and address, unit name and number (if
applicable) and most importantly, contact information for the servicewoman.
• One applicant for each branch of service per unit will be accepted.
• All entries must be postmarked by June 1, 2017, and sent to the national chairman.
An annual report is not required; however, a year-end summary and a mid-year progress report are suggested as tools to gauge the direction and effectiveness of department activities. Both narratives should be forwarded to the department chairman by December 1, 2016 for midyear and May 1, 2017, for year-end.